Cutest Couples That Never Were, or Yet May Be?
By Lydia Manley, Jaclyn Batchelor, & Claire Wilson
Valentine’s Day has just passed, but love is still in the air. LCHS senior voted for the “Cutest Couple that Never Was” superlative and we asked the top three couples voted these questions.
- What is your ideal date?
- What do you look for in a significant other?
- Where is your favorite place to eat?
- What are your pet peeves?
- What is your dream job?
- Do you want to live in Logan County for the rest of your life?
- What is your best pick up line?
- Where is your dream vacation?
- In your opinion, who is the most attractive famous person?
- Do you believe in love at first sight?
The couples were Joey Dilliha and Amanda Crutchfield, Matthew Edgar and Ann-Meguiar Bouldin, and Lauren Batten and CW Simmons. We compared the couple’s answers to see is they really were a good match or if they would fit better with one of the other chosen. Here’s what they said:
- Ride in my jeep, pull off somewhere quiet, light some candles, explore surroundings, come back to the jeep, the jeep is on fire (don’t worry it was planned), and roast marshmallows as the jeep burns.
- Attractive, but more importantly Christian
- When they eat with their mouth open or when they’re on phones too much.
- Owning a social media marketing agency
- Heck Naw
- Are you a banker? Because you need to leave me a loan
- Natalie Portman, Jennifer Lawrence, and Katie Couric
- Surprise or an adventure
- Funny, Jesus, Good-lookin, sweet
- Everywhere- any place with food
- Smack lips, burp and don’t say excuse me, pop knuckles
- Professional Scuba diver or a Disney Princess
- Do you live in a corn field? Cause I’m stalking you.
- Young Leonardo DiCaprio or a young Johnny Depp
- On a warm spring day, eat food, go to the park (because the park is nice).
- Jesus and a sense of humor
- Olive Garden
- Obnoxious laugh
- College Professor
- “Okay, so you get a brown bag and you fill it with limes. Then you walk up to the girl and drop all the limes and as you pick them up they keep falling. Then you say, “Sorry, I’m bad at pick up limes.”
- Natalie Portman or Jennifer Lawrence
- Something outdoors, hiking and eating
- Jesus, Treat their mom good, funny, masculine (Really nice beard)
- Chewing with their mouth open
- Stay at home mom
- “I like my men like I like my Microsoft Word documents- Saved.”
- Kevin Love
- Trusting, caring, beautiful, loving
- Big machine operator
- “You single?”
- Megan Fox
- Yes, Sometimes
- Dinner and a movie
- Christian, attractive, funny
- Olive Garden
- Repetitive noises
- Band Director or anything with music
- “Did you just fart? Because you blew me away.”
- Any beach, preferably Hawaii
- Kevin Love
- No, but it does happen
After, reviewing all the responses we decided that all three of the “Cutest Couple that Never Was” nominees matched up pretty well with other people.
Amanda loves surprises and what says surprise more than catching his own car on fire. So we have decide that Joey and Amanda make the perfect couple.
Ann-Meguiar loves that great Italian food from Olive Garden, and so does CW. What a more perfect match.
Lauren and Matthew both agreed on one very important question. “Do you believe in love at first sight?” their answers were both no and so we know they would get along great.