TV Review: Parks and Recreation
By: Marrick and Ani Thurman
According to Marrick: Tom Haverford (Aziz Ansari) is my favorite character in Park and Recreation because he is sarcastic, lazy, and thinks very highly of himself. He’s also a big source of comedy in the show.
According to Ani: I believe Andy Dwyer (Chris Pratt) is the best character by far. Although Tom is funny, Andy is much more comical. For some people, he’s the sole reason they watch the show. He’s a childish “doofus” that you can’t help but love.
Least Favorite Character
According to Marrick: April Ludgate (Aubrey Plaza) is my least favorite character because she’s too monotone and has sort of a dry/dark humor that I don’t find that funny.
According to Ani: I honestly don’t have a least favorite character. I like them all, and they execute their roles of making people laugh very well.
According to Marrick:
Tom: [Gets his finger caught in between two bowling balls] Ow! My finger was in there! Ron crushed my finger! I think it might be broken!
Ron: It was an accident.
Tom: [Panicked] Oh my god! It’s already swollen!
Ron: Tom, my god, do you have any pride at all?
Ann: Are you a female bird?
Tom: This is on purpose! You’re jealous of my gift!
According to Ani:
Amy:So where are you from originally?
Aziz: I was born in South Carolina.
Amy: And before that you came from…
Aziz: …My mother’s uterus.
10 Best Quotes
- “Pawnee is the opposite of hip. People in this town are just now getting into Nirvana. I don’t have the heart to tell them what’s gonna happen to Kurt Cobain in 1994.” – Tom
- “We have a couple of house rules, though. You can’t use the front door; you have to climb in through the back window. No personal phone conversations. If you ever speak to me in Spanish, please use the formal “usted.” And no electricity after 6:00 PM. A couple more rules: if you ever watch a sad movie, you have to wear mascara so we can see whether or not you’ve been crying. There’s no noise allowed on Mondays. And no TV after breakfast.” – April
- “April is the best. But she’s 20. When April was born, I was already in the third grade, which means if we were friends back then, I would have been hanging out with a baby. I don’t know anything about infant care. My god, I could have killed her.” – Andy
- “Zerts are what I call desserts. Tray-trays are entrées. I call sandwiches ‘sammies,’ ‘sandoozles,’ or ‘Adam Sandlers.’ Air conditioners are ‘cool blasterz.’ I call cakes ‘big ol’ cookies…’ Fried chicken is ‘fry-fry chicky-chick.’ Chicken parm is ‘chicky-chicky-parm-parm.’ Chicken cacciatore? ‘Chicky-cach.’ I call eggs ‘pre-birds,’ or ‘future birds.’ Root beer is ‘super water.’ Tortillas are ‘bean blankets.’ And I call forks ‘food rakes.’” – Tom
- “Just remember, every time you look up at the moon, I, too, will be looking at a moon. Not the same moon, obviously. That’s impossible.” – Andy
- “I’m allergic to sushi. Every time I eat more than 80 pieces, I throw up.” – Andy
- “The raccoon problem is under control. They have their part of the town and we have ours.” – Leslie
- “So you know how you love me because you haven’t had a single meeting with anybody since I became your assistant? That’s because every time someone calls and requests a meeting with you, I schedule it for March 31st. Because I didn’t think March 31 existed.” – April
- “No, that’s Buckingham Palace. Hogwarts is fictional. You do know that, don’t you? It’s important to me that you know that.” – Ben
- “I think you’ve got several options. They’re all terrible…but you have them.” – Chris